Protecting your privacy
At www.ladiesgolf.co.uk are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors. This page aims to help you to understand what information we might collect about you and how we use it.
The Data Controller
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is Doug McClelland Golf Stores Ltd, Silvermere Golf Complex, Redhill Road, Cobham, Surrey KT11 1EF, registered Company Number: 1536405.
The Data Protection Officer
Our parent company is Dwellcourt Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Ewell, Surrey, KT17 3BY and the registered Company Number: 1841889.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to:
Email – [email protected]
In writing – The Data Protection Officer, Dwellcourt Group Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
Telephone – 02087 868333.
Navigating this page
- Information we collect
- What we do with the information we gather
- Keeping your information (data retention)
- Controlling your personal information
- Your rights
- Sharing your information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to how we protect you privacy
- Making a complaint
- How to contact us
1. Information we collect
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website, for example when you make a purchase, contact us via our contact form or register to receive emails from us. From time to time we may collect your information in competitions. Other information we collect when you browse our site may include your IP address and device type.
2. The type of information that is collected
Account Information: If you make an online enquiry, or register for an online account with us the personal information we collect might include name, address, contact number and email.
Purchases and orders made by you: When you purchase a product from us at www.ladiesgolf.co.uk, we will keep a record of your transaction, including what you purchased and when, and any information you provide to us to fulfil the transaction. This may include your name, billing information, telephone number, and delivery address.
- Other information you provide to us: such as in online forms or competitions.
- Online usage information: When you visit or browse our website, this will include information about your website visit or use of our products or services using cookies (as described in our cookies section), and anonymised data for analytical purposes.
3. What we do with the information we gather
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information.
Your data will enable us to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you.
Will only use your personal information to fulfil our contract with you, for our legitimate business purposes or when you have given us your consent to do so. These include some or all of the following:
When you book or purchase you are entering into a contract with us. In order to fulfil this contract, we need to process and store your data. Therefore, the processing is necessary for a contract or because we have been asked to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
– To process an online order or complete a transaction
– Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. We may use consent in the following situations:
– When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer in marketing emails
– To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s) or social media
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate business interests, unless there is a good reason to protect an individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We may use legitimate interests in the following ways:
– To communicate with you by responding to your requests including service messages by text or email, such as order updates
– To respond to your requests for help or information
– To respond to an online review or query
– For limited analysis of data for marketing purposes (e.g. how our customers use our website, so we can provide you with a better online shopping experience)
– Occasionally we analyse purchase history data to tailor our marketing communications to make them more relevant
– To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s)or social media
– To verify you are aged 16 or over
– To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
Whenever we process data for these purposes, we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice.
We will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of our group.
Google (Google Analytics)
This site makes use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking. This cookie provides anonymized data to allow us to understand user behaviour and marketing performance across our Group. You can read more about cookie privacy and Google Analytics and how to opt out here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have given us consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email with interesting emails about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events.
Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive.
Customers who make a purchase or enquiry online are NOT automatically added to a marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
However, if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, you may still receive important order and delivery information by email and SMS (via third-party shipping/courier companies)
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser.
Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
This website may from time to time use persistent cookies (the small text files stored on your computer) to record your preferences or activity between visits. These cookies do not store personal information about you or your computer and you can clear them at any point by deleting your browser history – for more information about cookies you can visit: Here Silvermere do not share cookies or any of your data with any other company outside of our parent company, Dwellcourt Ltd.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
If you find the idea of this website storing information on your computer or mobile device a little intrusive, even though it is generally quite harmless, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions on this website. For information on how to control cookies being stored on your computer see: CLICK HERE
I agreed for this site to store cookies but have changed my mind
If you previously agreed to allow www.silvermere-golf.co.uk to store cookies on your computer but have subsequently changed your mind then you can delete the cookie set by this choice – see CLICK HERE to learn how to control and remove cookies stored on your computer.
5. Keeping your information
Data retention Periods:
If you have not made a purchase with us for a continuous period of 4 years then we will delete your online account details and all personal details that we hold about you. If you wish to use your account after this time then you will need to sign up for a new account. However, we will only hold transactional data relating to your account for 4 years.
Where you shop online with us but use our guest checkout, we will only retain your personal detail for a reasonable amount of time (maximum of 2 years) after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refund and guarantees.
If you register for marketing emails, we will hold on to your email address for as long as we have your consent.
6. Controlling your personal Information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to your personal details, you can do so by getting in touch – please [email protected] or call 01932 584323.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
7. Your rights
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this privacy notice
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where ladiesgolf.co.uk processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
8. Sharing your information
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party. However, we share your data with the following categories of companies (Data Controllers) as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you such as payment service providers and delivery companies (Parcel Force, DHL and UPS)
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who, who help us run our websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
9. Links to other websites
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with personal information.
If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
12. Making a Complaint
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) is an independent body responsible for making sure that organisations comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The ICO also deals with concerns raised by members of the public about the way in which organisations look after personal information and deal with subject access requests.
You can complain to the ICO if an organisation:
- fails to respond to your request for disclosure
- refuses your request
- fails to send you all of the information you asked for
- fails to comply with the one-month time limit for disclosure
The ICO will always expect you to have raised your concerns with the organisation before submitting a complaint.
The ICO has a form on its website which you can use to make your complaint. When you send the form to the ICO, include all the communications you’ve had with the organisation about your request for disclosure, including copies of the documents raising your concerns.
If you have this saved electronically, you can submit the form and the correspondence by email to [email protected]
If you only have paper copies of the correspondence, you will need to send it along with the form to Customer Contact, Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
You can call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 (local rate).
13. How to contact us
If you have any questions about how www.ladiesgolf.co.uk uses your personal data or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
In writing to – The Data Protection Officer, Dwellcourt Group Limited, Downs Farm, Reigate Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 3BY.
Email to – [email protected]
Telephone – 02087 868333